APNIC Meeting Agenda

  • To: apnic-talk at teckla dot apnic dot net, apnic-announce at teckla dot apnic dot net
  • Subject: APNIC Meeting Agenda
  • From: David R Conrad <davidc at apnic dot net>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jun 1997 04:44:44 +0900
  • Cc: apng-all at apng dot org
  • Sender: owner-apnic-talk@apnic.net
    • Hi,

      Below is the latest agenda for the APNIC meeting to be held at the
      Pan Pacific Hotel in Kuala Lumpur on Sunday, Jun 22.

      The APNIC meeting has a US $50 charge for non-APNIC members (payable in cash
      at the door), members have free attendance.  Please pre-register at

      	http://svc00.apnic.net/cgi-bin/nic-meeting-rsvp.pl

      or we may not have lunch available for you.

      Following the APNIC meeting will be a "Birds of a Feather" session
      of Top Level Domain Name Issues.  There is no charge for attending
      this BOF.

      Look forward to seeing you at the APNIC meeting!

      Regards,
      -drc

      --------
      9:30 - 10:30    Registration and Continental Breakfast

      10:30 - 10:45   FY '96 Financial Summary - a summary of APNIC's FY '96
                      finances after the closing of our books.

      10:45 - 11:00   APNIC Services Report

      11:00 - 11:15   Confederation Proposals and Voting
                      - Geoff Huston's flat rate proposal
                      - David Conrad's usage based proposal with
                        JPNIC modifications

      11:15 - 11:30   Location of APNIC Cost Analysis -- discussion of the costs
                      associated with operating APNIC in various locations as
                      presented to the APNIC Executive Council.

      11:30 - 12:00   FY '97 Revised Budget Discussions and Voting -- modifications
                      to the projected budget with subsequent voting for approval.

      12:00 - 1:30    Lunch (provided)
      		- Presentation on the Asia Pacific Internet Association

      1:30 - 1:45     Report on Global Internet Registry Architecture
                      - Developments including APNIC funding of IANA and
                        at the other regional registries
      		- Presentation by Daniel Karrenberg on RIPE

      1:45 - 2:00     Electronic Voting Discussion
                      - mechanisms to facilitate electronic voting
                      - techniques to implement voting

      2:00 - 2:15     By-Law Modifications Discussion
                      - requiring 3/4 majority instead of simple majority
                        for approval of proposals
                      - greater use of electronic voting to approve proposals
                      - revision of election nomination mechanisms

      2:15 - 2:30     Use of 61/8 Discussions and Voting
                      - Implementation of the RIPE Class A Experiment at APNIC

      2:30 - 2:45	AP Computer Emergency Response Team Discussions
      		- Creation of a body to help coordinate national CERTs
      		  in the AP region

      2:45 - 3:00     APNIC Assignment Window Mini-Tutorial

      3:00 - 3:30     Break (refreshments provided)

      3:30 - 4:30     Member Reports

              3:30 - 3:40     KRNIC (Korea)
              3:40 - 3:50     THNIC (Thailand)
      	3:50 - 4:00	PHNIC (Philippines)
      	4:00 - 4:10	JPNIC (Japan)
      	4:10 - 4:20	TWNIC (Taiwan)
      	4:20 - 4:30	SGNIC (Singapore)
      	4:30 - 4:40	CNNIC (China)

      4:40 - 5:00     Any Other Business
                      - APRICOT '98 Announcement
                      - Next APNIC meeting

      5:00 - 7:00     Dinner Break (not provided)

      7:00 - 9:00     Top Level Domain Name Issues "Bird of a Feather" (BOF)
                      - Discussions on the state of the AP region Top level
                        domains and what APNIC should do.
      		- Discussions on coordination of AP regional TLD
      		  administrators