A Proposed 'Science, Technology And Development' Gateway

  • To: s-asia-it at apnic dot net
  • Subject: A Proposed 'Science, Technology And Development' Gateway
  • From: "Irfan Khan" <khania at super dot net dot pk>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 09:24:40 +0500
  • Sender: owner-s-asia-it@lists.apnic.net
    • [from the GKD mailing list]

      From:           	"Dickson, David" <D.Dickson at nature dot com>
      To:             	gkd at phoenix dot edc dot org

      Dear colleagues:

      Having been following with interest recent discussion on the GKD site
      about ways of using the web to collect and collate information on
      indigenous knowledge, as well as other discussions of knowledge-based
      development strategies, I would like to draw the attention of
      participants to a project that we are currently working on to create a
      free access internet gateway devoted to news and information about
      science, technology and development.

      The planned website is being developed by staff members of the
      scientific journal Nature, with financial support from the UK's
      Department for International Development (DFID), and the collaboration
      of Unesco and the Third World Academy of Sciences.

      At present, we are in the process of seeking input from as many
      potential users of this website as possible in order to make sure that
      its contents are directly relevant to genuine development needs.

      We would therefore like to invite anyone with an interest in this topic
      to fill in a questionnaire -- which can be both completed and returned
      electronically -- that can be found at:

      http://www.scidev.net/Questionnaire.htm.