NEWS-INDIA: Edutech Informatics plans to invest $6 million more in India

  • To: s-asia-it at apnic dot net
  • Subject: NEWS-INDIA: Edutech Informatics plans to invest $6 million more in India
  • From: Frederick Noronha <fred at bytesforall dot org>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 23:19:31 +0530
  • Cc: bytes-admin at goacom dot com
  • Sender: owner-s-asia-it@lists.apnic.net
    • Edutech Informatics plans to invest $6 million more in India
      from India Abroad News Service

      New Delhi, Dec 23 - Delhi-based Edutech Informatics India Ltd., an
      information technology (IT) education company, has decided to pump-in fresh
      investment of $6 million to expand its presence in the Indian computer
      education industry.

      "In accordance with our growth plans in India, we have already invested over
      $5 million and are looking at investing another S$6 million to augment our
      increased presence in the Indian IT education and training industry,"
      Gopinath Pillai, chairman of Edutech Informatics India, said in a press
      statement here Saturday.

      The company wants to be known as a specialized education-focused company,
      offering not just IT training but also a whole gamut of skill-based
      learning, Pillai added.

      On the future plans of Edutech, he said that the company was adopting a
      two-pronged strategy for growth in India. "We will now be focusing on the
      emerging cutting edge tools in software education like software testing and
      convergence technologies along with related telecom topics. The other area
      that we will be looking at seriously is the e-learning platform vis--vis
      education and training," he said.

      According to Pillai, Edutech Informatics is expected to close the year with
      revenue of over Rs. 160 million. "It will mean a 100 percent growth over the
      last year, which by far exceeds the industry-average of 40 percent."

      "This is in keeping with our vision to be amongst the top five IT training
      and education companies in India by 2002," he said adding that the company
      has recently been certified with ISO 9001, for design and development and
      provision of IT education and training across all its centres.

      "This recognition provides the company a platform to standardize its
      methodology of training and development in IT education and work towards
      continuous improvement with total customer satisfaction as the key focus,"
      Pillai said.

      On the company's e-learning initiative, the Edutech chief said that the
      company has launched purpletrain.com that will be offering university
      courses through the Internet.

      "Purpletrain.com is an e-learning portal that offers a combination of
      business and IT education programs, corporate courses and education related
      services," he said adding that about 200 online courses are available
      ranging from degree, diploma, certificate to corporate IT training programs.