Minute APJII Policy Meeting 2
- To: sig-nir at lists dot apnic dot net
- Subject: Minute APJII Policy Meeting 2
- From: Ahmad Alkazimy <ahmad at apjii dot or dot id>
- Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 13:07:29 +0700
- List-archive: <http://www.apnic.net/mailing-lists/sig-nir/>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: APNIC SIG for National Internet Registries (NIRs) <sig-nir.lists.apnic.net>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/sig-nir>,<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/sig-nir>,<mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
My name is Ahmad Alkazimy from APJII.
So sorry before if this mailling list could not accept an attachment.
We would like to give you an update regarding on our 2nd Open Policy Meeting.
APJII POLICY MEETING 2 MINUTE MEETING
The number of attendees :
73 attendees from 55 ISPs
1 attendee from APNIC
Discussion Forum : INTERNET RESOURCES
Mailing list : nir at apjii dot or dot id
Draft 1 : APJII-0010 Document Review Mechanism
- The Secretariat proposed that it be legitimized in this APM using the B Category and that it be applied temporarily.
- There is a suggestion about the term for Schedule A and Schedule B, that they be replaced by categorization and review. This has been agreed by all members.
- A consensus has been achieved (there was no rejection) in this draft that the document be legitimized using the B Category and be valid temporarily.
The Secretariat will edit the document according to the consensus and after it is done, it will be submmited to the Mailig list nir at apjii dot or dot id for final call for comments.
Draft 2 : APJII-0009 APJII Policy Meeting Mechanism
- A mechanism for decision making, it has been agreed that there are two votes : "agree" or "disagree".
- The decision made will be applied to all APJII-NIR members.
- "Members' Rights" is included in the beginning of the document, followed by "APJII's Rights".
- There has been a suggestion to include criterias for participants who are going to attend APM (for example, to bring assignment letter to represent the ISP, the number of participant for each ISP, etc).
However, referring to APNIC Open Policy Meeting, the criterias for the participants are less strict (unlike for Munas/Rakernas) and are more technical.
- A consensus has been reached (there was no rejection) in this draft that the document be legitimized using the A Category and that it be implemented temporarily.
The Secretariat will edit the document according the consensus and after it is finished, will be submitted to the mailing list nir at apjii dot or dot id for final call for comments.
Draft 3: APJII-0007 General Policy for Internet Resources Services
- About the term APJII as IP Address Confederation, it has been agreed to use the term APJII-NIR
- It has been agreed that ISPs wanting to apply for a Reverse DNS, must have a registered IPv4 /24 first (although the registered IPv4 is /29) through the Second Opinion Procedure.
-Changes of terms in point "8. Internet Resources Licences" is suggested to be replaced, because it is considered to be related to the ISP Licence. It has been agreed to use the term Internet Resource Rights.
- A consensus has been reached (there was no rejection) in this draft that the document be legitimized using the A Category and be valid temporarily.
The Secretariat will edit the document according to the consensus and after it is finished, will be submitted to the mailing list nir at apjii dot or dot id for final call for comments.
Discussion Forum - IIX (Indonesia Internet eXchange) & ROUTING
Mailing list : iix-admin at apjii dot or dot id
Draft 4 APJII-0002 Mou APJII-IIX
Draft 5 APJII-0003 IIX-Multilateral Peering Agreement
Draft 6 APJII-0004 IIX Basic Service Definition
Draft 7 APJII-0005 Exchange Point Policy
- The three documents (Draft 4,5,6) have never had any response from APJII's members. It has been agreed that they are to be legitimized.
- Should there be any conflicts in the documents, then they will be amended.
- APJII-0001 cannot be non-activated yet since there is no substitute document.
- There has been a suggestion to make a new draft containing the penalties.
- It has been agreed to do a filtering to anticipate an error or a leak in the routing announcement.
- A suggestion that the ISP installs RTCONFIG that will aggregate the announcement to the IIX. Announcement in the IIX will only be 1 prefix.
- There was no comment on the static route elimination suggestion.
Draft 8 APJII-0006 APJII's members' Email Standard
- No comments regarding this draft
- It has been agreed to legitimize the using of the C Category
- A consensus has been reached (there was no rejection) on this draft that the document be legitimized using the B Category and be valid temporarily.
The Secretariat will edit the document according the consensus and after it is finished, will be submitted o the Mailing list nir at apjii dot or dot id for final call for comments.
Draft 9 APJII-0008 Terms and Policies of APJII Membership
- Will be made as attachment in the APJII Membership form
- It describes the rights and responsibilities of each member and association
- It describes the fee structure and services procedure that follows the existing development.
- Within a short period this form and the Policy attachment will be sent to members for acknowledgements and signature.
A consensus has been reached (there was no rejection) in this draft that the document be legitimized to use the B Category and be valid temporarily.
Draft 10 APJII-0011 Anti Spam & Abuse Network Draft
- Spam and Abuse complaints to be taken care of immediately.
- If they are not taken care of, it will affect the relevant ISP's routing.
-There has been a suggestion to include a time period to handle Spam and Abuse in this document.
- There hasa been a suggestion to clarify the term "Log".
- This document will not be legitimized yet in this APM.
IPv6 FORUM DISCUSSION
Mailing list : ipv6 at apjii dot or dot id
ITB IPv6 Presenation, by Wahyu Hidayat, Affan Basalamah and Dikshie Fauzie
1. To participate, IPv6 experiments may request 6bone experimental allocation, however in 2005 that 6bone project will be finished (entering the phase out period)
2. ITB will obtain 2 prefix from WIDE Project Japan :
- 2001:200:800:3000::/64 (POP)
- 2001:200:830::/44 (ORG)
Basic application such as MTA, DNS, WebServer, FTP Server already exists however the utilization is not so many (enabling IPv6)
There are still many entities at ITB that are not interested with IPv6 (human resources is the most important thing in deploying IPv6)
- No problem at the border area, since the WIDE Project Japan and A13 Japan are still using PC based router (using Zebra routing daemon on
FreeBSD and NetBSD operating system + IPv6 stack from KAME Project).
- The network in ITB intranet is using cisco catalyst 6000, the one ITB has does not support IPv6 yet. (which can only support OSPv2 routing)
- On that Cisco node will be replaced by PC based router (at present it is using daemon Zebra routing, FreeBSD -4.8 operationg system, IPv6 stack from KAME Project and OSPFv3 protocol routing)
- Connection is done by combining tunneling solution and VLAN trunking, where the existing topology will be kept to maintain the network hierarchy consistency to facilitate the Cisco Catalyst upgrading in the future.
5.Current status :
- There are 4 operating routers replacing the functions of IPv6 at Cisco using the OSPFv3 routing protocol.
- The native routing to the internet through WIDE Project Japan and A13 Japan has been going since February 2003.
- There are around 10 sub networks at ITB campus implementing the IPv6 services, and keep accumulating.
6.Plans for the future :
- Deployment to all ITB campus sub networks.
- Forward and reverse IPv6 DNS for itb.ac.id domain
- Prefix migration from WIDE Project Japan prefix to the new prefix A13 sTLA 2001:d30::/32 starting July 2003.
- To do research activities involving IPv6 application only.
APNIC IPv6 Presentation, by Sanjaya
- Which is the continuation from APNIC Training the previous day.
Ahmad Khalil Alkazimy, Internet Resources Analyst <ahmad at apjii dot or dot id>
Asosiasi Penyelenggara Jasa Internet Indonesia [APJII]
Indonesian ISP Association
hostmaster at apjii dot or dot id
Telp +62-21-5296.0634 Fax +62-21-5296.0635