Changes on the MNT-BY ?
- To: nir-system at nic dot ad dot jp
- Subject: Changes on the MNT-BY ?
- From: Ahmad Alkazimy <ahmad at apjii dot or dot id>
- Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 14:49:34 +0700
- Cc: sig-nir at lists dot apnic dot net
- List-archive: <http://www.apnic.net/mailing-lists/sig-nir/>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: APNIC SIG for National Internet Registries (NIRs) <sig-nir.lists.apnic.net>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/sig-nir>,<mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/sig-nir>,<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- Sender: email@example.com
I've just been realize after we query some objects (especially the Reverse Delegation's and the ASN Autnum Objects), it seems to be the MNT-BY has been changed from the previous.
Previously, those objects are protected by the NIR Maintainers. Now has been changed and protected by the ISP's maintainers.
Is their any policies changes on the APNIC Policies regarding on this one ?
Seems to be getting more difficult for us to maintain these objects in the future, especially when we want to know which objects are belongs to each of our members.
Usually, we are using one command to query all the inetnum objects, reverse delegation, aut-num, person, and role objects:
whois3 -h whois.apnic.net -i mb mnt-apjii-id |more
All objects are protected by the NIR Maintainer Objects will be shown, include the Inetnum, Reverse, Aut-num and followed by the Role and Person Objects of each members.
Now we have to use, different Maintainer Objects to query those objects. Difficult for NIR's to maintained these objects when they have a large number of members.
This changes will also made more difficulties, when in the future the numbers of growth of the NIR's members become more huge and became more complex to do some queries.
We look forward to hearing from you all,
Ahmad Khalil Alkazimy, Internet Resources Analyst <ahmad at apjii dot or dot id>
Asosiasi Penyelenggara Jasa Internet Indonesia [APJII]
Indonesian ISP Association
hostmaster at apjii dot or dot id
Telp +62-21-5296.0634 Fax +62-21-5296.0635