Re: Proposal to lower the minimum allocation size
- To: <sig-policy at lists dot apnic dot net>, <sig-nir at lists dot apnic dot net>
- Subject: Re: Proposal to lower the minimum allocation size
- From: "Thu Thuy" <thuthuy at vnnic dot net dot vn>
- Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 11:16:53 +0700
- List-archive: <http://www.apnic.net/mailing-lists/sig-nir/>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: APNIC SIG for National Internet Registries (NIRs) <sig-nir.lists.apnic.net>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/sig-nir>,<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/sig-nir>,<mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dear APNIC, NIRs and all,
Dear Anne, Maemura, Izumi, Randy, Jeff,
Many thanks for all of your precious comments and feedbacks. At the moment, we are so glad to know our major interest is also yours. On be half of Vietnamese community, we would like to show you some of our viewpoints that reflect demands and desires of VNNIC's members who are Internet operation entities in Viet Nam:
- We give our supports to proposal of APNIC Secretariat.
- However, we have a suggestion. It would be good if we tighten the criteria of portable assignment to get rid of unhonest PI. It's should be " Portable assignment is only for end-user. ISPs are forced to apply for portable allocation". In recent Routing table reports, the total number of prefixes smaller than registry allocations rearched 57860
Let's discuss the size of minimum allocation:
- RIRs should have similar size of minimum allocation. Therefore, we would have the same filter size
- On the other hand, many ISPs are qualified to be initially allocated, especially when we losen the criteria but they have minor development rate. /20 block initially allocated to them is a waste reservation.
Wish you a happy NewYear and the best for you.