NIR-SIG at APNIC18 - Call for presentations and new co-chair(s)

  • To: sig-nir at lists dot apnic dot net
  • Subject: NIR-SIG at APNIC18 - Call for presentations and new co-chair(s)
  • From: MAEMURA Akinori <maem at maem dot org>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 12:13:56 +0900
  • Cc: sig at apnic dot net
        Please be advised that your proposals and presentations in
      the APNIC 18 SIGs are called, and also I on behalf of Chair
      of NIR-SIG am calling for new co-chair.

        Regarding presentations, in case you wll make a proposal -
      a (P) presentation, you have to submit it through the online
      form by Wednesday August 4th.

        This is not the case for (I) - Informational presentations
      but still it would be appreciated if you sooner present your
      willingness to make an (I) one.  I'm looking forward to
      having a lot of your contributions in Fiji.

      Pleaser refer the generic call for proposals for the datail.

        At the same time to call for your (P) and (I) presentations,
      I'd like to call for *co-chair* of NIR SIG who will work with
      me to coordinate this SIG.  By the last meeting Chia-Nan HSIEH
      was taking this position but he is now withdrawing from this
      position.  Thank you for your applause toward Taipei to him
      for his good job as co-chair.

        Please advise sig-nir-chair at apnic dot net if you are interested
      in or willing to take this position.

      See you in Fiji, it's gonna be fun!

      Regards,
      ---
      MAEMURA Akinori, on behalf of Chair of NIR-SIG

      _____________________________

      APNIC 18 - Call for proposals
      _____________________________

        18th APNIC Open Policy Meeting
        31 August - 3 September 2004
        Nadi, Fiji

      Dear Colleagues,

      The next Special Interest Group (SIG) meetings will be held in Nadi,
      Fiji during APNIC's 18th Open Policy Meeting. The SIGs are open fora
      for discussing technical, policy and operational issues relating to
      the management of Internet resources within the Asia Pacific region.

      This e-mail is a request for contributions. Policy proposals and
      presentations are welcome from anyone interested in the management of
      Internet Resources in the Asia Pacific region.

      There are two types of presentations that can be made at a SIG.
      There are policy proposals (P) or informational (I) presentations.

      Policy proposals need to be submitted to the appropriate SIG mailing
      list in text 4 weeks in advance of the meeting. Requests to give an
      informational presentation can be made at any time to the SIG chair.

      If you would like to make a proposal to a SIG at the meeting in Fiji,
      please do so by 4 August 2004, using the online form at:

          http://www.apnic.net/cgi-bin/policy_proposal.pl

      Alternatively you can send your proposal in TEXT format to the
      appropriate SIG, cc'ing <sig at apnic dot net>. Proposals will be forwarded
      to the appropriate SIG mailing list by the Secretariat. The chairs and
      co-chairs of the appropriate SIGs will review the proposals.

      Requirements for Policy proposals
      ---------------------------------

      Submissions should be:

      - in TEXT format
      - received no later than 4 August 2004
      - relevant to the SIG

      SIG archives and guidelines for presenters, including useful
      information, helpful hints, and sample presentation templates are
      available at:

          http://www.apnic.net/meetings/archive/sigs/

      Agenda slots will be allocated on a first-come first-served basis, so
      a timely submission of your proposal would be welcome and to your
      advantage.

      More information

      SIG chairs can be contacted at:

          * Address policy SIG   <sig-policy-chair at apnic dot net>
          * Database SIG         <sig-db-chair at apnic dot net>
          * DNS operations SIG   <sig-dns-chair at apnic dot net>
          * IPv6 technical SIG   <sig-ipv6-chair at apnic dot net>
          * IX SIG               <sig-ix-chair at apnic dot net>
          * NIR SIG              <sig-nir-chair at apnic dot net>
          * Routing SIG          <sig-routing-chair at apnic dot net>