Re: NIR-SIG at APNIC18 - Call for presentations and new co-chair(s)
- To: MAEMURA Akinori <maem at maem dot org>
- Subject: Re: NIR-SIG at APNIC18 - Call for presentations and new co-chair(s)
- From: David Chen <david at twnic dot net dot tw>
- Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 18:50:05 +0800
- Cc: sig-nir at lists dot apnic dot net, sig at apnic dot net, chku at twnic dot net dot tw
- In-reply-to: <4100879F.7020200 at twnic dot net dot tw>
- List-archive: <http://www.apnic.net/mailing-lists/sig-nir>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: "APNIC SIG for National Internet Registries \(NIRs\)"<sig-nir.lists.apnic.net>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/sig-nir>,<mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/sig-nir>,<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <40C41A6F.email@example.com> <200406081213.BFC59063.FNNB@maem.org><200407141420.BCC92861.NNBF@maem.org><4100879F.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US;rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624 Netscape/7.1 (ax)
Since TWNIC would like to share more information with NIRs, we modify the presentation title as "TWNIC Update". It will include TWNIC 2nd OPM, training activities and a flush diagram which was surveyed on Internet bandwidth in Taiwan, and also take around 15 mins. Could you please update the agenda for us. Sorry for causing inconvenience.
Thanks a lot.
David Chen wrote:
Thanks for your information, and sorry for the late reply.
TWNIC would like to make a presentation for the TWNIC 2nd Open Policy Meeting report. The topics will cover the status of TWNIC 2nd OPM and the result of survey of Internet bandwidth in Taiwan. It will be taken around 10 to 15 mins. We will deliver the presentation at the beginning of Aug. Thank you very much.
MAEMURA Akinori wrote:
Dear NIR-SIG Colleagues,
Please be reminded about call for presentations and have a
look ate final call which is pasted at the end of this message. As I mentioned NIR-SIG is an information exchange forum rather than policy discussion while of course we can propose
and discuss about policy, I'd like to encourage you to make
any kind of update or status report on your NIR's business
Moreover, I myself am curious about volunteer for co-chair
because I haven't had anything. I definitely need your help
because I am no lifetime chair for this NIR-SIG :-p . You
can write to me privately if you have any unclear points.
Thanks again for your active contribution which will be of
benefit for our community.
MAEMURA Akinori, Chair of NIR-SIG
In message <200406081213.BFC59063.FNNB@maem.org>
"NIR-SIG at APNIC18 - Call for presentations and new co-chair(s)"
"MAEMURA Akinori <maem at maem dot org>" wrote:
| Dear NIR-SIG Colleagues,
| | Please be advised that your proposals and presentations in | the APNIC 18 SIGs are called, and also I on behalf of Chair
| of NIR-SIG am calling for new co-chair.
| | | | Regarding presentations, in case you wll make a proposal - | a (P) presentation, you have to submit it through the online
| form by Wednesday August 4th. | | This is not the case for (I) - Informational presentations
| but still it would be appreciated if you sooner present your | willingness to make an (I) one. I'm looking forward to | having a lot of your contributions in Fiji.
| | Pleaser refer the generic call for proposals for the datail.
| | | | At the same time to call for your (P) and (I) presentations, | I'd like to call for *co-chair* of NIR SIG who will work with | me to coordinate this SIG. By the last meeting Chia-Nan HSIEH | was taking this position but he is now withdrawing from this | position. Thank you for your applause toward Taipei to him | for his good job as co-chair. | | Please advise sig-nir-chair at apnic dot net if you are interested
| in or willing to take this position.
| | | See you in Fiji, it's gonna be fun!
| | Regards,
| MAEMURA Akinori, on behalf of Chair of NIR-SIG
Final call for proposals
[18th APNIC Open Policy Meeting
31 August - 3 September 2004
The deadline for proposals to be discussed in the Special Interest Group
(SIGs) at APNIC 18 is now only three weeks away.
Proposals are welcome from anyone interested in the management of Internet
Resources in the Asia Pacific region and must be submitted by 04 August
SIG presentation types
a) Informational (I) - typically a status report delivered to convey information to the audience (requests to make an informational presentation can be made to the SIG chair at any time but preferably
minimum 2 weeks before the meeting).
b) Policy proposal (P) - a proposal which requires feedback and
community consensus before it can proceed.
Please mark your submission as either "I" or "P". Policy proposals (P) must
be submitted by 04 August 2004 to be considered for consensus decisions at
the Open Policy Meeting.
Policy proposal (P) requirements
Submissions should be:
- in TEXT format
- received no later than 04 August 2004
- relevant to the SIG
SIG archive/Guideline for presenters:
* Address Policy SIG <sig-policy-chair at apnic dot net>
* Database SIG <sig-db-chair at apnic dot net>
* DNS Operations SIG <sig-dns-chair at apnic dot net>
* IPv6 (Technical) SIG <sig-ipv6-chair at apnic dot net>
* IX SIG <sig-ix-chair at apnic dot net>
* NIR SIG <sig-nir-chair at apnic dot net>
* Routing SIG <sig-routing-chair at apnic dot net>
Please send your proposal to the appropriate SIG chair, cc'ing
<sig at apnic dot net>, NO LATER THAN 04 August 2004.
sig-nir mailing list
sig-nir at lists dot apnic dot net