Re: [sig-nir] Fwd: Extended deadline: Call for volunteers - Cable/DSLgui

  • To: Izumi Okutani <izumi at nic dot ad dot jp>
  • Subject: Re: [sig-nir] Fwd: Extended deadline: Call for volunteers - Cable/DSLguidelines
  • From: Anne Lord <anne at apnic dot net>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 17:24:29 +1000 (EST)
  • Cc: sig-nir at lists dot apnic dot net
    • hi Izumi,

      Thanks for the question.

      > Sure, I'll be happy to do that.

      Great thanks.

      > Just one question about the scope of this working group. Does this
      > focus on the suggestions made in "A Proposal to Modify the Criteria
      > for Subsequent Allocations to Cable or DSL Services"(I believe call
      > for WG started from this), or does it review the guidelines for
      > CATV/DSL requests in general, such as a method of evatluation based on
      > CMTS?

      I think it probably makes sense to review the whole section ie.
      "section 10 - cable and DSL services" of the 'APNIC guidelines for
      IPv4 allocation and assignment requests' document at:

      http://ftp.apnic.net/apnic/docs/ipv4-guidelines.txt

      The presentation had some specific proposals but I think it makes sense
      to discuss these in the context of the whole section.

      best wishes,
      Anne