Re: [sig-nir] APNIC 19 - Call for NIR SIG proposals

  • To: sig-nir at lists dot apnic dot net
  • Subject: Re: [sig-nir] APNIC 19 - Call for NIR SIG proposals
  • From: David Chen <david at twnic dot net dot tw>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 17:26:26 +0800
    • Dear NIR Colleagues,

      We are having the deadline for proposal submission on 19 January 2005. I remind you the deadline for proposal due to the regulation is no tolerance for late proposal.

      I also encourage you to raise Informational presentations. I believe any of your experience in your NIR operation and policy practice are worth sharing with other NIRs and APNIC, it would be also interesting to others. Please submit your proposal or presentation to the mailing list, sig-nir at lists dot apnic dot net, thank you!

      I'm really looking foward to seeing you in Kyoto, Japan.

      Best Regards,
      David Chen
      NIR-SIG Co-Chair

      Izumi Okutani wrote:

      Dear NIR-SIG Colleague,

      This is a call for presentations for the coming NIR-SIG on 23rd
      February 2005 during APNIC19 in Kyoto, Japan.

      If you are intereseted in making a proposal, please submit your
      request by "19 January 2005".

      Informational presentations such as updates of NIR activities, Open
      Policy Meetings, and any others are also very welcome. Please see
      below for the details.

      If you have any questions, do feel free to express it on this mailing
      list, or "sig-nir-chair at apnic dot net" if you prefer to ask the chairs
      indivisually.

      We are looking forward to receive requests for presentations from you.

      Best Regards,
      Izumi Okutani
      NIR-SIG Co-Chair

      _____________________________________

      APNIC 19 - Call for NIR SIG proposals _____________________________________

      19th APNIC Open Policy Meeting(21-25 February 2005)
      Kyoto, Japan
      NIR SIG: Wednesday 23 February 2005

      Dear Colleague,

      The next Special Interest Group (SIG) meetings will be held in Kyoto, Japan
      during APNIC's 19th Open Policy Meeting. The SIGs are open fora for
      discussing technical, policy and operational issues relating to the
      management of Internet resources within the Asia Pacific region.

      This e-mail is a request for contributions. Proposals are welcome from
      anyone interested in the management of Internet Resources in the Asia
      Pacific region.

      If you would like to take part in any SIGs, please submit a proposal by 19
      January 2005, using the online form at:

      http://www.apnic.net/cgi-bin/policy_proposal.pl

      Alternatively you can send your proposal in TEXT format to the appropriate
      SIG, cc'ing <sig at apnic dot net>. Proposals will be forwarded to the appropriate
      SIG mailing list by the Secretariat.

      SIG presentation types
      ----------------------

      a) Informational - typically a status report delivered to convey
      information to the audience (I).

      b) Policy proposal - a proposal which requires feedback and community
      consensus before it can proceed (P).

      Please mark your submission as either "I" or "P". The requirements below
      apply only to policy proposals (P).

      Policy proposal (P) requirements
      --------------------------------

      Submissions should be:
      - in TEXT format
      - received no later than 19 January 2005
      - relevant to the SIG

      SIG archives and guidelines for presenters, including useful information,
      helpful hints, and sample presentation templates are available at:

      http://www.apnic.net/meetings/archive/sigs/

      Agenda slots will be allocated on a first-come first-served basis, so a
      timely submission of your proposal would be welcome and to your advantage.

      More information
      ----------------

      SIG chairs can be contacted at:

      * Address policy SIG <sig-policy-chair at apnic dot net>
      * Database SIG <sig-db-chair at apnic dot net>
      * DNS operations SIG <sig-dns-chair at apnic dot net>
      * IPv6 technical SIG <sig-ipv6-chair at apnic dot net>
      * IX SIG <sig-ix-chair at apnic dot net>
      * NIR SIG <sig-nir-chair at apnic dot net>
      * Routing SIG <sig-routing-chair at apnic dot net>

      Regards,
      Akinori Maemura, David Chen, and Izumi Okutani