Re: [sig-nir] Call for comments on prop-054: NIR operational policy docu
- To: Hiroki Kawabata <kawabata at nic dot ad dot jp>
- Subject: Re: [sig-nir] Call for comments on prop-054: NIR operational policy document revision
- From: Sanjaya <sanjaya at apnic dot net>
- Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 14:54:15 +1000
- Cc: sig-nir at lists dot apnic dot net
- Delivered-to: sig-nir at mailman dot apnic dot net
- In-reply-to: <47D0A877.8030605 at nic dot ad dot jp>
- List-archive: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailing-lists/sig-nir>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: "APNIC SIG for National Internet Registries \(NIRs\)" <sig-nir.lists.apnic.net>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/sig-nir>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/sig-nir>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- Organization: APNIC
- References: <12EFCED1-A71E-4BD8-A6B7-EF31422AB54D@apnic.net> <47BE3CC3.firstname.lastname@example.org> <EC4981E8-A31B-4273-AB2C-2983BFA2EE33@apnic.net> <47BEB153.email@example.com> <47BEB41E.firstname.lastname@example.org> <DFE07639-D05D-444E-B94F-B332C2E78BF0@apnic.net> <47CE5035.email@example.com> <47D0A877.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- User-agent: Thunderbird 188.8.131.52 (Windows/20080213)
Hiroki Kawabata wrote:
Would updates by e-mail continue to be available? We were just wondering as we currently make updates by e-mail for ERX resources.
Hiroki-san,E-mail updates will continue to be available as it is not affected by this particular policy document.
Having said that, you might want to consider migrating to the new REST/XML interface to update both ERX and non-ERX data as you will get many benefits in doing that.
If you plan to abolish it in the future, we would like to request for some testing period (e.g. for 3 months) to see if MyAPNIC update will work smoothly without problems before abolishing e-mail update.
APNIC secretariat will communicate well in advance and provide enough testing time should there be plans to deprecate any of the APNIC registry data update mechanisms.
Please contact helpdesk at apnic dot net immediately should you have any problem updating data through MyAPNIC.
I hope this answers your question. Please let us know if you need more clarifications. Thank you!
Cheers, -- ________________________________________________________________________ Sanjaya email: sanjaya at apnic dot net Services Area Manager, APNIC sip: sanjaya at voip dot apnic dot net http://www.apnic.net phone: +61 7 3858 3100 ________________________________________________________________________