[sig-nir] Call for volunteers for Chair and Co-chair positions
- To: sig-nir at apnic dot net
- Subject: [sig-nir] Call for volunteers for Chair and Co-chair positions
- From: Sam Dickinson <sam at apnic dot net>
- Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 16:46:48 +1000
- Delivered-to: sig-nir at mailman dot apnic dot net
- List-archive: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailing-lists/sig-nir>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: "APNIC SIG for National Internet Registries \(NIRs\)" <sig-nir.lists.apnic.net>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/sig-nir>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/sig-nir>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- User-agent: Thunderbird 126.96.36.199 (Macintosh/20090605)
Dear colleaguesThe two-year term of the current Chair, Izumi Okutani, ends in August 2009. In addition, one of the two Co-chairs, Billy MH Cheon, is resigning his position. Therefore, APNIC is seeking volunteers to serve as Chair and Co-chair of the NIR SIG. Both positions are voluntary.
The Chair's responsibilities include: - Chairing the SIG session - Developing the agenda - Posting proposals and information about the SIG to the mailing list - Encouraging and facilitating discussion on the mailing list and at the APNIC meeting The Co-chair's responsibilities include: - Assisting with chairing the NIR SIG session - Working with the Chair and other Co-chair to develop the agenda - Posting information about the NIR SIG to the NIR SIG mailing list - Working with the Chair and other Co-chair to encourage and facilitate discussion on the mailing list and at the APNIC meeting For more information about the roles, please see the SIG guidelines at: http://www.apnic.net/sigs/sig-guidelines.pdf If you are interested in either of these positions, please send an expression of interest, including a short biography in an email to <sig at apnic dot net> and CC <sig-nir-chair at apnic dot net>. If you have someone to recommend, please write to us as above. The nomination deadline is Monday, 24 August 2009. If there are any volunteers, elections to select the new Chair and Co-chair will be held in the NIR SIG meeting at APNIC 28 in Beijing, China, 25 - 28 August 2009. Candidates need to be present at the meeting to be eligible. All SIG Chairs and Co-chairs undertake this work on a voluntary basis. The APNIC Secretariat speaks on behalf of the community in saying we are very appreciative of the work done by the Chairs and Co-chairs. Regards -- Samantha Dickinson email: sam at apnic dot net Policy Development Manager, APNIC sip: sam at voip dot apnic dot net http://www.apnic.net phone: +61 7 3858 3100 ________________________________________________________________________ Join us for APNIC 28 in Beijing : 25-28 August 2009 * Internet and networking experts * APNIC training * Government representatives * World-class speakers * Industry leaders * Policy debates * Interested stakeholders * Social events For more information, see: http://meetings.apnic.net ________________________________________________________________________ * Sent by email to save paper. Print only if necessary.