RE: [sig-nir] RE: [sig-policy] Regarding the no consensus decisionofPROP

  • To: "'Jeff Williams'" <jwkckid1 at ix dot netcom dot com>, "'Izumi Okutani'" <izumi at nic dot ad dot jp>
  • Subject: RE: [sig-nir] RE: [sig-policy] Regarding the no consensus decisionofPROP-028-v001
  • From: "Kenny Huang" <huangk at alum dot sinica dot edu>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 18:41:49 +0800
  • Cc: sig-nir at lists dot apnic dot net, sig-policy at lists dot apnic dot net
      As observing many debate in the list so far, I listed few things that people
      concern regarding
      the SIG decision making :
      1 Who make decision : Chair / Co-Chair
      2 When : 8 Weeks after AMM
      3 What is consensus :  An opinion or position reached by a group (I re-use
      Philip's definition)
      4 How to decide (methodology):
         There is no official policy document addressed that. If one argue
      something wrong in the PDP
         or Chair/Co-Chair decision, then we should convey the requirements into
      the policy document,
         which provide the public a transparant and legitimate guiding principle.
      I personally appreciate
         that if we can start working on the practice. APNIC21 call for proposal
      was announced, I certainly
        welcome you can enlighten a better way to improve the process.

      Best Regards

      Kenny Huang
      Chair, Policy SIG
      huangk at alum dot sinica dot edu