Re: [sig-policy] Inter-registry transfers
- To: Izumi Okutani <izumi at nic dot ad dot jp>
- Subject: Re: [sig-policy] Inter-registry transfers
- From: Terry Manderson <terry at terrym dot net>
- Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 17:07:49 +1000
- Cc: sig-policy at apnic dot net
- Delivered-to: sig-policy at mailman dot apnic dot net
- In-reply-to: <499A4259.1070809 at nic dot ad dot jp>
- List-archive: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailing-lists/sig-policy>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: APNIC SIG on resource management policy <sig-policy.lists.apnic.net>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/sig-policy>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/sig-policy>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <49954E5C.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <499A4259.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: Terry Manderson <email@example.com>
On 17/02/2009, at 2:51 PM, Izumi Okutani wrote:
Hi Randy and all, I did notice a few people claiming we should go one step at a time, first start with APNIC region then extend to other RIRs.There is a routing operators who expressed concerns about the impact on routing to allow cross-RIR transfers at this stage, like as the question about the size i mentioned earlier, impact on region-based filtering, etc.Anyways, most people supported the concept of inter-RIR, either we do itin one go/take two steps.
Either way, the issue about reverse DNS is also germane. As it is with prop-69 what are the onging management and implications of the various transfer scenarios? Knowing that DNS delegation are strictly hierarchical.
just off the top of my head: o a /22 from an IIJ /16 transferred to an APNIC member o a /22 from an IIJ /16 transferred to an ARIN member o a /24 from an ARIN member transfered to a KRNIC member .. and so on.what should the membership expect, what are the buyer's and seller's responsibilities?
and dare I ask - is it at all important? Cheers Terry