Re: [sig-policy] Requests from routing/packeting concerns
- To: Izumi Okutani <izumi at nic dot ad dot jp>, sig-policy at apnic dot net
- Subject: Re: [sig-policy] Requests from routing/packeting concerns
- From: Paul Wilson <pwilson at apnic dot net>
- Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 17:20:27 +1000
- Delivered-to: sig-policy at mailman dot apnic dot net
- In-reply-to: <499A4293.6070900 at nic dot ad dot jp>
- List-archive: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailing-lists/sig-policy>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: APNIC SIG on resource management policy <sig-policy.lists.apnic.net>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/sig-policy>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/sig-policy>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <49954E5C.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <49995D7F.firstname.lastname@example.org> <49995ECE.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <499A4293.email@example.com>
Izumi, Thanks for the questions and comments.
--On 17 February 2009 1:52:35 PM +0900 Izumi Okutani <izumi at nic dot ad dot jp> wrote:Randy Bush wrote:hi again okutani-san,
thanks for this too. I'll share it on JANOG ML, etc. Could APNIC also consider providing public record of past resource holders?
APNIC does retain a full transaction log of registry and whois updates, though this is not publicly accessible at the moment, nor is there an available query mechanism.
If the membership or wider community concludes that this service should be provided, then of course we would be able to develop and deploy it. I would expect that the appropriate mechanism would be through an extension to the current whois service (affecting both the database and query facilities), however that may be open to some discussion.
I'd be interested to hear any feedback or discussion during the meeting next week in Manila. Even without a policy proposal, I think an informal poll of the meeting would provide useful guidance for action.
I look forward to seeing you there. Paul.
This was requested to help in consideration to purchase space (make sure it's not been used by black-listed ISPs), and to help in sorting out filtering problems (explain to peers/upstream). The general feeling was that you have to do the actual testing + be responsible yourself at the end of the day, but information about past holders would still help. Would this be something other operators in the region also find it useful? izumi * sig-policy: APNIC SIG on resource management policy * _______________________________________________ sig-policy mailing list sig-policy at lists dot apnic dot net http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/sig-policy
________________________________________________________________________ Come to APNIC 27! Manila, 24-27 Feb 2009 http://www.apnic.net/meetings ________________________________________________________________________ Paul Wilson, Director-General, APNIC <dg at apnic dot net> http://www.apnic.net ph/fx +61 7 3858 3100/99