[sig-policy] List of items for transfer proposal that reached consensus
- To: sig-policy at apnic dot net
- Subject: [sig-policy] List of items for transfer proposal that reached consensus in sessions 1, 2 and 3 today
- From: Sam Dickinson <sam at apnic dot net>
- Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 18:23:21 +1000
- Delivered-to: sig-policy at mailman dot apnic dot net
- List-archive: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailing-lists/sig-policy>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: APNIC SIG on resource management policy <sig-policy.lists.apnic.net>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/sig-policy>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/sig-policy>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- User-agent: Thunderbird 184.108.40.206 (Macintosh/20080213)
Dear Policy SIG membersBelow is the essence of the transfer proposal discussion elements that individually reached consensus in the SIG today.
This will be shown on the projector before the end of the Policy SIG session today for a final consensus decision.
Following this, a full revised proposal will be released as prop-050-v004. Regards Sam 4. Details of the proposal ---------------------------- APNIC will process IPv4 address transfer requests involving current account holders following the adoption of this proposed policy, subject to the following conditions: 4.1 The minimum transfer size accepted will be a /24. 4.2 Use of address space 4.2.1 Until such a time when the prevailing APNIC IPv4 allocation practice uses the "final /8" policy , the recipient of a transfer is to justify use of transfered space using the allocation and assignment policies in force at the time of the transfer. 4.2.2 After that time, no justification is needed. 4.3 Organizations disposing of their space using this transfer policy are not eligible for APNIC IPv4 assignments and/or allocations for two years. 4.4 APNIC is to maintain a public log of all transfers. 4.5 Address transfers should be permitted between APNIC account holders and NIR members, if and when individual NIRs implement the transfer policy. NIRs are free to adopt the transfer policy for their members in their own time and to use locally determined policies for their NIR membership. 4.6 Address transfers are permitted between APNIC account holders and other RIR account holders, following the policies of the respective RIRs. 4.7 This proposal to take effect as soon as the APNIC Secretariat can implement the mechanisms of the policy.  See section 9.10, "Policies for IPv4 address space management in the Asia Pacific region" http://www.apnic.net/policy/add-manage-policy.html#9.10 -- _____________________________________________________________________ Samantha Dickinson email: sam at apnic dot net Policy Development Manager, APNIC sip: sam at voip dot apnic dot net http://www.apnic.net phone: +61 7 3858 3100