Re: [sig-policy] Address Transfer Policy Proposal
- To: myamanis at bb.softbank dot co dot jp
- Subject: Re: [sig-policy] Address Transfer Policy Proposal
- From: Andy Linton <asjl at lpnz dot org>
- Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 08:17:03 +1200
- Cc: sig-policy <sig-policy at apnic dot net>
- Delivered-to: sig-policy at mailman dot apnic dot net
- In-reply-to: <F3C84020E03AC042A63FEDCAAAC4C662429A3D@SBB-MBEX-16V.bb.local>
- List-archive: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailing-lists/sig-policy>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: APNIC SIG on resource management policy <sig-policy.lists.apnic.net>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/sig-policy>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/sig-policy>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <F72ACDCB-D54B-434C-B133-95A94C44C6A9@apnic.net> <AA9D0B9A-A156-4DE8-BDD7-F31690B88175@apnic.net> <4A5EA683.firstname.lastname@example.org><4A5EAF49.email@example.com> <4A5EB00C.firstname.lastname@example.org><ED960528-E62C-4F98-A081-5D4E2DAEA7D6@terrym.net> <05C56983-902F-49F4-BC84-6C997FA64407@apnic.net> <F3C84020E03AC042A63FEDCAAAC4C662429A3D@SBB-MBEX-16V.bb.local>
On 17/07/2009, at 24:17 , <myamanis at bb.softbank dot co dot jp> <myamanis at bb.softbank dot co dot jp > wrote:
Dear Geoff, Terry and all,Even though I'm one of option-B's proposers, Option C is also basically acceptable for me.So, let me clarify details of Option C."a notice of application will be posted for at least 7 days on the APNIC website"I also have some concerns for this point.As Geoff already mentioned, it conflicts with current policy for confidentiality between APNIC and members,and the effect is not so clear.
I am comfortable if this isn't in the proposal because of the confidentiality problem and also because I trust the APNIC and other hostmasters to do the right thing if/when these applications are lodged.
I expect that statistics of the number of these applications will be made available (with confidentiality preserved) and that the hostmaster staff would alert senior management, the EC and this group if major abuse appeared to be happening. If Terry is willing to modify his proposal it starts to look as if we have something that many of us can agree on.