[sig-routing] APNIC Routing SIG call for presentations

  • To: sig-routing at lists dot apnic dot net
  • Subject: [sig-routing] APNIC Routing SIG call for presentations
  • From: Philip Smith <pfs at cisco dot com>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 21:17:25 +1000
  • Cc: sig at apnic dot net
  • Sender: owner-sig-routing@lists.apnic.net
    • bcc: apops at lists dot apnic dot net, apnic-talk at lists dot apnic dot net

                  Call For Presentations for the APNIC Routing SIG

                                 Philip Smith <sig-routing-chair at lists dot apnic dot net>
                                 Routing SIG Chair

      The Routing SIG meeting will be held in Kitakyushu, Japan on 4th-5th
      September 2002 during the APNIC Open Policy Meeting. This SIG is an open
      forum to discuss routing and routing policy issues within the Asia Pacific
      region.

      This e-mail is a request for contributions. I'm looking for presentations
      of relevance from anyone who is interested in routing issues in the Asia
      Pacific region.

      Topics we might want to explore this time around might include, but are not
      limited to

         - Internet Routing table growth
         - Routing stability and flap damping
         - Best configuration practices for ISPs
         - The Internet Routing Registry

      If you would like to take part in this SIG with a presentation, please send
      your proposal to sig-routing-chair at lists dot apnic dot net, cc'ing sig at apnic dot net.
      Proposals should be sent no later than Thursday 1st of August 2002.

                                   Requirements

      The proposal
          - should be relevant to this special interest group,
          - be no more than 1000 words, and
          - should describe your perspective on the topic including its pros/cons
            from various aspects.
          - should indicate the time required (I expect that a time limit of 15
            minutes presentation will be set)

      A Guide has been prepared for all those intending to present at the
      meeting. It contains useful information and helpful hints. This guide can
      be found at: http://www.apnic.net/meetings/archive/sigs/

      The schedule is

        Monday   1st  July      - Call for presentation
        Thursday 1st  August    - Deadline for submitting content (proposals,
      presentations)
        Thursday 15th August    - Deadline for receiving slides for printing
        Tuesday  3rd  September - Open Policy Meeting commences

      We look forward to receiving your presentation proposals soon.

      Philip Smith
      APNIC Routing SIG chair

      *              sig-routing:  APNIC SIG on IP routing technology and policy issues           *
      * To unsubscribe: send "unsubscribe" to sig-routing-request at apnic dot net *