Re: [Wg-apnic-fees] An Informal report from the APNIC EC Fees Meeting in

  • To: Randy Bush <randy at psg dot com>
  • Subject: Re: [Wg-apnic-fees] An Informal report from the APNIC EC Fees Meeting in Singapore
  • From: Toshiyuki Hosaka <hosaka at nic dot ad dot jp>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 16:24:17 +0900
  • Cc: wg-apnic-fees at apnic dot net
    • Dear Randy,

      Thank you very much for your detailed report, and sorry for the late response. It helps for our understanding of the discussion among the board and the secretariat.

      >   o Change the fees from being denominated in US Dollars to Australian
      >     Dollars so finances are predictable and budgetable, and
      >   o Raise fees 6-7% across the board, i.e. with no change in the fee
      >     model, just raise them all in parallel.

      > And, of course, all this would need to be discussed by the membership as
      > a whole, and formally reviewed and approved at the September Members'
      > meeting if it is to take effect in January 2008.

      So now it seems to me that APNIC will submit a proposal for those changes.

      I am not sure if policy proposal submission deadline (Aug 6th) should be applied to particular proposal, but can I assume they would show us the proposal text by that day to give us sufficient time for the consideration? (this may be not a question to randy by the way.)

      best regards,
      toshi
      --
      Toshiyuki Hosaka