- Remote participation
- NC election
- HM consultation
- APNIC meetings
- APNIC 20 home
- APNIC home
APNIC is offering a limited number of fellowships to allow members of the Internet community in the developing economies of the Asia Pacific region to attend APNIC 20 in Hanoi, Vietnam on 6-9 September 2005.
Six fellows have been selected.
|Bangladesh||Ahsan Syed Ishtiaq Bin|
|Nepal||Bogati Dinesh Kumar|
|Sri Lanka||Jayaraj Sayanthan|
|Sri Lanka||Damith Jayasinghe|
|Sri Lanka||Senevirathne Aruna|
The fellowship program targets key personnel from organisations developing or providing Internet services within the developing economies, in particular, those responsible for managing Internet resources (such as IP addresses, Autonomous System Numbers, and routing registry data). The fellowships are offered on an equal opportunity basis.
Successful applicants will receive assistance towards:
- Free registration for all APNIC 20 tutorial and meeting sessions
- Daily allowance including reasonable accommodation, meal and incidental expenses
The final grant size is determined according to final costs and available funding, and will be advised to successful applicants.
APNIC will select the fellows according to following criteria:
- Membership of the target audience listed above
- Residency in a developing economy of the Asia Pacific, including the LDCs, LLDCs and SIDS, as defined by the United Nations
- Demonstrated ability to utilise the experience gained from APNIC 20
Previous recipients of SANOG, APRICOT, or past APNIC fellowship grants are not eligible.
Enquiries about the fellowships can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.