APNIC 24 Open Policy Meeting report
29 August - 7 September 2007
New Delhi, India
Thank you to everyone who contributed to APNIC 24, held in conjunction with SANOG 10.
APNIC 24 Open Policy Meeting attendance statistics:
Total number of delegates: 265 (approx.)
Economies represented: 31
APNIC member organisations represented: 35
APNIC interim fees voting
APNIC members voted against a proposal to introduce an interim fee increase.Interim fees vote information
The following proposal reached consensus:
- prop-049: IANA policy for allocation of ASN blocks to Regional Internet Registries
There were two proposals that considered ways to distribute the last remaining blocks of the free IANA IPv4 address pool to the RIRs:
- prop-051: Global Policy for the allocation of the remaining IPv4 address space
- prop-046: IPv4 countdown policy proposal
Neither proposal reached consensus; however, there was consensus on the following principles:
- If there is to be a policy on the distribution of the last remaining IPv4 blocks to RIRs, then each RIR should be allocated one, not two, /8 blocks.
- Discussion is needed on the policy under which the last /8 would be allocated in the APNIC region.
The author of the following proposal did not seek consensus at this meeting, but stated that he would send an updated version of the proposal, incorporating feedback from the meeting, to the Policy SIG for further discussion at APNIC 25:
- prop-050: IPv4 address transfers
Four open proposals were not presented at the meeting:
- prop-042: Proposal to change IPv6 initial allocation criteria
- prop-043: Proposal to remove reference to IPv6 policy document as an "interim" policy document
- prop-047: eGLOP multicast address assignments
- prop-048: IPv6 ULA-central
For more information, see:
During the Policy SIG endorsed the community resolution on IPv4 and IPv6 issues.
APNIC thanks the sponsors of APNIC 24, whose valuable contributions allowed APNIC to offer a meeting program of a very high standard:
Upcoming APNIC meetings
APNIC 25/APRICOT 2008: 25-29 February 2008, Taipei, Taiwan
APNIC 26: 25-29 August 2008, Christchurch, New Zealand
APNIC 27/APRICOT 2009: 18-27 February Manila, Philippines
APNIC 28 Call for proposals now open