[sig-dns] APNIC 25 DNS SIG meeting report
- To: sig-dns at apnic dot net
- Subject: [sig-dns] APNIC 25 DNS SIG meeting report
- From: Edward Lewis <Ed.Lewis at neustar dot biz>
- Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 09:36:57 -0400
- Cc: ed.lewis at neustar dot biz
- Delivered-to: sig-dns at mailman dot apnic dot net
- List-archive: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailing-lists/sig-dns>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: APNIC SIG on DNS issues <sig-dns.lists.apnic.net>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/sig-dns>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/sig-dns>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
On Thursday, February 28, there was an open APNIC DNS SIG meeting
held in Taipei as part of the APNIC 25 policy meeting and APRICOT
Our agenda was: 1 SIG status and Charter presentation by myself as Chair 2 IPv6 DNS Operation in SOI-Asia by Mohamad Dikshie Fauzie 3 .CN DNS Operational Status by Cathy Zhang 4 DNS - Continuity of Operations by Bill Manning 5 BIND 10 by Joao Damas 6 SIG Co-Chair Election This web page contains links to the presentations given: http://www.apnic.net/meetings/25/program/dns/This web page lists archives for most of the meeting, but does not list the DNS SIG session yet. I know that we recorded the audio, perhaps it just hasn't been fully processed yet.
The one news item to report, and this appeared earlier on the list, was the election of Sam Sargeant to the co-chair position. A call for Co-chair nominations was issued at APNIC 23 (1 year prior) and Sam was nominated in the days before the meeting. The vote was 11 for, 0 against and 2 abstentions. We very nearly had a second candidate.
(My term as chair is up for renewal in 12 months. Consider this a nudge to get people to consider running for that position.)
There is one action item - and that is to discuss the agenda on the mailing list. A message doing that will be sent shortly.
-- -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Edward Lewis +1-571-434-5468 NeuStar Never confuse activity with progress. Activity pays more.