[sig-routing] APNIC Routing SIG call for presentations

  • To: sig-routing at lists dot apnic dot net
  • Subject: [sig-routing] APNIC Routing SIG call for presentations
  • From: Philip Smith <pfs at cisco dot com>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 15:24:45 +1000
  • Sender: sig-routing-admin@lists.apnic.net
    •                       Philip Smith & Randy Bush
                               Routing SIG Chairs

      The next meeting of the APNIC Routing SIG will be held in Kuala Lumpur
      during APRICOT 2004 (www.apricot2004.net) as part of APNIC's 17th Open
      Policy Meeting. This SIG is an open forum to discuss routing and routing
      policy issues within the Asia Pacific region.

      This e-mail is a request for contributions. We are looking for
      presentations of relevance from anyone who is interested in routing
      issues in the Asia Pacific region.

      Topics we might want to explore might include, but are not limited to
       - Internet Routing table growth
       - Routing stability and flap damping
       - Best configuration practices for ISPs
       - The Internet Routing Registry
       - Operationally orientated routing research and technology

      If you would like to take part in this SIG with a presentation, please
      submit your abstract by 19th January 2004 using the online form
      available at:

          http//www.apnic.net/cgi-bin/policy_proposal.pl

      It's also been linked from the meetings home page at

          http//www.apnic.net/meetings

      Alternatively, send your abstract to sig-ix-chair at apnic dot net, cc'ing
      sig at apnic dot net.

      Submitted proposals will be forwarded by the Secretariat to the SIG
      mailing list.

      SIG presentation types
       a) Informational - typically a status report delivered to convey
          information to the audience (I).
       b) Policy proposal - a proposal which requires feedback and community
          consensus before it can proceed (P).
      Please mark your submission as either "I" or "P".

      The abstract
       - should be relevant to this special interest group,
       - be no more than 1000 words, and
       - should describe your perspective on the topic including its pros/cons
         from various aspects
       - should indicate the time required (we expect that a time limit of 15
         minutes per presentation will be set)

      A Guide has been prepared for all those intending to present at the
      meeting. It contains useful information and helpful hints. This guide
      can be found at http//www.apnic.net/meetings/archive/sigs/.

      Agenda slots will be allocated on a first come first served basis, so a
      timely submission of your abstract would be welcome and to your
      advantage.

      Philip Smith & Randy Bush
      Routing SIG chairs