Draft document for review
Please send editorial comments to email@example.com by Monday, 7 January 2013.
APNIC requests editorial comments on the following draft document:
APNIC proposes to replace the standard NIR Membership Agreement with the APNIC and NIR Member Relationship Agreement. This new agreement is based upon the original Membership Agreement, but has been changed substantially, in a number of areas.
The main changes:
- Better reflect the partnership nature of the relationship between APNIC and the NIRs.
- Only permit immediate termination of the agreement if there is an insolvency event (and not otherwise), and extend the notice period for defaults and termination.
- Limit the NIRs' and LIRs' obligations, in terms of compliance with "APNIC Documents", to only those documents which relate to address management policies.
- Include an expressed provision dealing with how the parties may resolve disputes between them, before resorting to legal proceedings.
Nature of the document review
This is an editorial review only. Therefore, during the comment period, interested parties may:
- Object to the wording provided by the Secretariat
- Suggest improvements on any aspect of the document
- Request that an additional call for comment be made to allow more consideration of substantial revisions
Deadline for commentsComments are requested by Monday, 7 January 2013. Please send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.