Published on:Monday,7 July 2014
APNIC participated at the Cambodia Banking and Finance Conference, held in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, from 26 to 27 June.
The Conference is held annually, and over the past six years has served as platform for finance leaders to share their experiences and discuss the latest developments in their industry.
- Sanjaya gave a presentation about the options available to connect to the Internet, and encouraged the banking industry to consider a multihoming approach for better availability, reliability and performance.
- Sanjaya visited the Mekongnet and COGETEL offices to discuss opportunities related to multihoming services, and explain how to obtain IP address resources for multihomed customers.
- Sanjaya met with the Chairman of Telecommunications Regulator Cambodia (TRC), Chakrya Moa, to discuss collaboration opportunities to support Internet development and to increase IPv6 adoption in Cambodia.
- Sanjaya was interviewed by the Phnom Penh Post on the opportunities for the Internet in Cambodia. He emphasized the need to train more network engineers and strengthen domestic networks.
After Phnom Penh, Sanjaya visited Vientiane, Laos, from 30 June to 1 July.
- Sanjaya met with the Lao National Internet Center (LANIC) to discuss broadening training events to include DNS and DNSSEC, network security, and routing, in addition to IPv6. LANIC will be working together with APNIC and the ITU on an upcoming IPv6 Workshop in Vientiane, Lao PDR, from 5 to 8 August.
- Similar to his activities in Phnom Penh, Sanjaya visited the Lao Telecom and Skynet offices to discuss opportunities related to multihoming services, and explain how to obtain IP address resources for multihomed customers.